Welcome to our blog! I originally started this blog in November 2010 just prior to having a major brain surgery to remove a large bleeding cavernous angioma from a deep part of my brain. You can best understand the gravity of our experience by reading the first several entries.(Nov 2010-Dec 2010) I wrote the first one and my sweet, adoring husband, John, wrote the next several (while I was too sick to do much of anything) that documented surgery, immediate recovery, and our reaction to the surgery complication (stroke)that was revealed 2 days after surgery. This recovery process has been difficult but we are making it. We appreciate all the kind words of encouragement we have received and we would like to thank everyone that has participated in helping us along this difficult journey. Also, if you have any questions about my personal experience, please leave them as a comment or contact me directly at thankfulforeveryday@yahoo.com and I will respond although I am not a doctor and this is not a replacement for medical care or advise. Please ask a real professional, or probably several. :) I hope to be able to help at least one person along the challenging road of brain surgery and recovery.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Life is good and a new logo for AA

We have been so super busy. I never have time to blog anymore, but that's a good thing. Jack has "graduated" from preschool and he started kindergarten a few weeks ago. We are so proud of him for adjusting to his new "big boy" school so well. John and I are not adjusting quite as well to the new early schedule. We have always been up late so this whole going to bed while the sun is still out is an adjustment for all of us except Luke because he goes to sleep early anyways. ;)




Luke continues to be the sweetest, cuddliest, easiest little baby. He is such a treat! He's growing up way too fast though. He's already crawling, he says "mama, dada, and baba" (for brother....whom he adores). Watching Jack and Luke love each other is the absolute best...and I'm sure what every parent hopes for. They both totally love each other and smother each other with their affections...soo cute!!! Luke also loves dogs or rather their fur. He loves to pull my hair and feel Little's(our 13 year old chihuahua that hates kids) fur in between his fingers...much to Little's discontent. Little used to love kids but since Jack became mobile....she now hates all kids and tries to bite them sometimes. Thank goodness most of her teeth have already fallen out. :0

We had a fairly busy summer with John's work being very busy and a few short vacations. I am very happy and lucky to be living a fairly "normal" life these days. I still have the fatigue, but we have a pretty good understanding of my limitations and we try try to work within them...which keeps me feeling pretty good most of the time. I did have a pretty scary "relapse" of sorts back in March. I was teaching Jack how to play hopscotch and I guess jumping is a terrible idea because my vision went completely black for about five mins and then came back all messed up for a few weeks. I got a massive headache and nausea. I was thinking I might have had a bleed, but the MRI didn't show anything...so it was just one of those mysterious things. Lesson learned...NO JUMPING OR ANY HIGH IMPACT ACTIVITIES. Sometimes I feel so "normal" that I forget that I'm not exactly "normal" anymore. That's a good thing and I'm thankful that my recovery has enabled me to "forget" from time to time.

Angioma Alliance has just launched a new logo that I think is really awesome. Previously they had a "little red guy" and now they have a bleeding bubble brain that I think tells the story so much better! Check it out. I love the motto "because brains shouldn't bleed"....exactly...and when they do bleed it sucks! That's why we need a cure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment