Welcome to our blog! I originally started this blog in November 2010 just prior to having a major brain surgery to remove a large bleeding cavernous angioma from a deep part of my brain. You can best understand the gravity of our experience by reading the first several entries.(Nov 2010-Dec 2010) I wrote the first one and my sweet, adoring husband, John, wrote the next several (while I was too sick to do much of anything) that documented surgery, immediate recovery, and our reaction to the surgery complication (stroke)that was revealed 2 days after surgery. This recovery process has been difficult but we are making it. We appreciate all the kind words of encouragement we have received and we would like to thank everyone that has participated in helping us along this difficult journey. Also, if you have any questions about my personal experience, please leave them as a comment or contact me directly at thankfulforeveryday@yahoo.com and I will respond although I am not a doctor and this is not a replacement for medical care or advise. Please ask a real professional, or probably several. :) I hope to be able to help at least one person along the challenging road of brain surgery and recovery.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Supporting Angioma Alliance and finding a cure for cavernous angiomas


All you SoCal folks and anyone willing to travel...Here's your chance to come out and support Angioma Alliance and all the wonderful work they do. There is an upcoming walk in Pasadena. It's part of the Walk Anywhere campaign, so you can actually walk wherever, but it's more fun to walk together...so come out and join us or you can just donate on my page and I will do the walking. :)  All the proceeds go to Angioma Alliance because brains shouldn't bleed. Please mark your calenders, sign-up, donate, and join us as we limp/walk/run/move along for a cure! I will add the details as I am made aware, but right now, you can sponsor me. I will be there positively!

Donate to my Walk Anywhere for Angioma Alliance Fundraising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment