Welcome to our blog! I originally started this blog in November 2010 just prior to having a major brain surgery to remove a large bleeding cavernous angioma from a deep part of my brain. You can best understand the gravity of our experience by reading the first several entries.(Nov 2010-Dec 2010) I wrote the first one and my sweet, adoring husband, John, wrote the next several (while I was too sick to do much of anything) that documented surgery, immediate recovery, and our reaction to the surgery complication (stroke)that was revealed 2 days after surgery. This recovery process has been difficult but we are making it. We appreciate all the kind words of encouragement we have received and we would like to thank everyone that has participated in helping us along this difficult journey. Also, if you have any questions about my personal experience, please leave them as a comment or contact me directly at thankfulforeveryday@yahoo.com and I will respond although I am not a doctor and this is not a replacement for medical care or advise. Please ask a real professional, or probably several. :) I hope to be able to help at least one person along the challenging road of brain surgery and recovery.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and as all things are sweeter since prior to my diagnosis, surgery, and stroke....Mother's Day was no different. It was a wonderful celebration of what matters most to me! I feel so lucky to be able to not only participate in mothering Jack, but to REALLY be there in every way for him. Being Jack's "mama" is the most important job and privilege I've ever had, and being messed up in the hospital was devastating to me mostly because of him....I would cry and think ,"How am I going to take care of my sweet boy like this?" He has motivated  me to be my best throughout this whole process. He is why I had surgery in the first place because if I didn't have surgery I didn't think I would be well enough for him as time passed, and I want to always be my best for my boy! It's amazing how a two year old boy could get me to move mountains....So lucky! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment